|Some useful tips for your personal safety in malls and parking areas. Remember, the security officers are there for your safety so don’t hesitate to report any suspicious behaviour.
- Never park in an isolated area.
- Park as close to possible to entrances in a well-lit area.
- Make a note of where you park.
- Keep valuables out of sight, rather put them in the boot of the car.
- Make sure that the doors are properly shut and that the alarm has been set. Check the doors before you leave.
- Have your keys on hand when you return to the car.
- Don’t dig in your wallet for change – have it ready if you wish to tip anyone
While You Shop
- Walk confidently and be alert.
- Keep your handbag on your person at all times and make sure that it is properly closed. Keep the clasp or flap towards you.
- Do not carry too much cash and don’t make it visible whilst paying. It is preferable to make payments with cards.
- Never let your children out of your sight.
- Again, don’t hesitate to report suspicious behaviour.