Enquiry

    I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
    I consent to receive marketing communications.

    TESTIMONIALS

    Thank you Red Alert for your quick response. We feel safe in your hands.

    The Smith Family more testimonials

    Arrests made in connection with school break-ins

    April 17, 2020


    Two people have been arrested after they were found in possession of suspected stolen property believed to be linked to school break-ins in Katlehong, the Gauteng Department of Education said

    The department said police informed it about the arrests on Thursday.

    This came after it received reports on Wednesday that two other suspects had been found in possession of suspected stolen property believed to be linked to the Botebo-Tsebo Secondary School in Sebokeng Zone 4.

    The third suspect was arrested on the school premises. Allegedly this suspect gained entry to one of the classrooms by breaking a window and then made a fire inside the classroom which burned the tiles and chairs,” the department said in a statement.

    “It is also important to note that on Monday, 13 April 2020 the police announced the arrest of forty one (41) suspects for cases relating to the burglary and burning of schools in Gauteng since March 2020.”

    At least 67 schools across the province have been burgled and vandalised since the start of the lockdown. On 12 April, the number of affected schools was 55.

    *Full story on Crime News 24

    Back to crime news

    CLICK HERE FOR

    SPECIALS

    EAST LONDON ONLY

    Request a quotation.

      I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
      I consent to receive marketing communications.

      Enquiry

        I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
        I consent to receive marketing communications.

        TESTIMONIALS

        Thank you Red Alert for your quick response. We feel safe in your hands.

        The Smith Family more testimonials