Enquiry

    I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
    I consent to receive marketing communications.

    TESTIMONIALS

    Thank you Red Alert for your quick response. We feel safe in your hands.

    The Smith Family more testimonials

    Newcastle man allegedly strangles girl to death

    March 18, 2021


    Durban – A NEWCASTLE man was under police guard in hospital after the body of a strangled woman reported to be his girlfriend was discovered.

    Police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbele said they were investigating a case of murder.

    “It is alleged on March 14 at 10am, a 20-year-old woman was strangled to death by a known suspect on Hardwick Street in Newcastle. A 21-year-old suspect was admitted to hospital after he felt sick. He is under police guard.”

    Newcastle Police Corporate Communications Officer Lizzy Arumugam was quoted in the Newcastle Advertiser saying that the man allegedly had a fight with his girlfriend while they were in town.

    Arumugam told the community newspaper that the man’s aunt said he left home on March 13 to go to town. He returned late that evening, and when questioned said that he had been robbed.

    She said the man allegedly started vomiting later that night, and was taken to hospital. His family then searched his room and found a letter in which he apologised for killing his girlfriend, and detailed where her body was.

    *Article adapted from original that appeared on IOL News
    Back to crime news

    CLICK HERE FOR

    SPECIALS

    EAST LONDON ONLY

    Request a quotation.

      I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
      I consent to receive marketing communications.

      Enquiry

        I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
        I consent to receive marketing communications.

        TESTIMONIALS

        Thank you Red Alert for your quick response. We feel safe in your hands.

        The Smith Family more testimonials